The Buffalo Soldiers of Maryland Foundations, Inc. provides financial assistance to students from the State of Maryland or the District of Columbia that best represents the attributes of the Buffalo Soldiers assigned to the 9th and 10th Cavalry Regiment. The scholarship winner will be awarded a one-time $2000 academic scholarship for use at an accredited four-year college or university of their choice. Since inception in 2002, the Buffalo Soldiers of Maryland Foundation has awarded $36,000 in academic scholarships.
The William C. Price Scholarship contest is open to African-American seniors attending high schools in Charles County, Prince George’s County, Maryland and the District of Columbia. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, carrying a minimum 2.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale at the end of their junior year. Application supporting documents must be “RECEIVED” by 1 April 2022. Finalist will be selected and notified by 30 Jun 2022.
Application forms are available for submission: “Click Here to Apply Now”
The following supporting documents are required to complete your application:
1. ACT / SAT Scores (if applicable)
2. Official High School Transcript (or equivalent if home schooled)
3. At least two letters of recommendation on official letter head from a teacher, guidance counselor or school administrator, and/or community service organization.
4. A letter of acceptance from a four-year accredited college or university
5. A signed copy BSMD Scholarship Attestation Form – click the following link to download a copy of this document (https://bit.ly/2ITcCcR)
The supporting documents must be sent to email@example.com. Acceptable formats are a legible photograph (.jpg file) or scanned copy (.jpg or .pdf file). Please type “Scholarship Supporting Documents [Your Full Name]” in the subject line of your email.
Application supporting documents must be “RECEIVED” by April 1, 2022. If you are selected as a finalists, we will notify you by June 30, 2022. We appreciate your interest and wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.
If applicants are unable to submit electronically, the supporting documents must be mailed to: P.O. Box 1089, Bowie, Maryland 20718