The purpose of BSMC-MD is to bring together touring cyclists in the greater Washington, D.C, area to promote safe motorcycling and to educate society regarding the Buffalo Soldiers (specifically the 9th and 10th Cavalry) and their contributions to American history. All members are expected to educate themselves and community on the history of the Buffalo Soldier in order to provide, as men, a positive Image for Black youth and carry themselves accordingly.
What We Do
- Educate and Support the Community
- Pay Tribute to the Buffalo Soldiers, their legacy and Impact on today’s society
- Provide Academic Scholarships to African American Seniors in High School
- Feed the homeless the 4th Sunday of every month
- Clothing drive for the homeless
- Provide food for needy families during Thanksgiving
- Provide gift certificates (monetary) for needy families during Christmas
- Round-table discussions with at-risk youths
- Ride for a “CURE” (Cancer)
- Proceeds from the Felipe A. Fields Memorial Buffalo Thunder Ride benefit the African American Civil War Memorial and Museum in Washington, DC and the William C. Price Memorial Scholarship.